Hi. I’m Anne. I qualified as a solicitor in 1975. I was involved in family law from then and worked with other family lawyers and professionals from other backgrounds to make the process of separation as well supported as possible.
- I trained as a family mediator over 24 years ago
- I was the first family law mediator to be accredited by the Law Society of Scotland, in December 1993
- I have experience as an arbitrator in family law issues
- I was one of the first 4 solicitors in Scotland to train in Collaborative Practice, in 2004
- I’ve written books for people going through separation and for family lawyers
- I’ve devised and delivered training for lawyers and other professionals in negotiation, communication skills, Collaborative Practice and mediation
- I’ve contributed to conferences in England, France, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands as well as in Scotland
- On other pages you will find details of mediation
- I am also a trained mindfulness teacher. For information about my mindfulness courses, click here.
If you would like me to provide training just be in touch.
I was delighted when it was pointed out that Inkdance is an anagram of my name. I love to think of making the ink dance and integrating heart and head!
I was overwhelmed to be given a lifetime achievement award in 2016 for my work as a family lawyer. Now I’ve retired from work as a lawyer I am focussing on my work as a mediator and trainer. I am on the Scottish Mediation Register.
I have had the great benefit of training from many wonderful mediators from Europe and North America.